Addiction recovery is a long road with numerous bumps to manage. There will be times when a person feels great and able to accomplish anything. Other times, it can be hard to get out of bed. Yet, maintaining sobriety has to be the focus of every day, even when it’s hard to do. You’re not alone in this process. Oceanfront Recovery provides the tools to make this possible.
Maintaining Sobriety Strategies – Simple Things to Do Daily
Sober living is about taking numerous steps to keep the mind and body focused on healing and healthily managing stress. To do this, consider these strategies to use daily.
- Create a schedule and stick to it. Manage time wisely by considering waking up and going to bed at the same time. Schedule work and recreational time.
- Avoid boredom. That’s when the mind races. Engage in new activities and hobbies to help keep you focused on building a successful life. Take a course. Go for a walk each day.
- Eat nutritious food. To heal and maintain mental health, it’s necessary to eat a well-balanced diet. That provides access to nutrients the body needs to function at its best level. Empty-calorie diets can be risky.
- Engage with people regularly. If you don’t have many friends or family you trust right now, engage in new activities to help you. That may include local support groups and churches as well.
- Be realistic. One of the most important components of long-term sobriety comes in the way of maintaining a realistic outlook. Don’t overpromise yourself or take on too much. Remember, you’re in recovery and still healing.
Know When Maintaining Sobriety Means Getting More Help
During your drug and alcohol addiction treatment, you’ll learn that therapy is not a short-term investment. You’ll need it for the long term. Even after you leave formal care with our team on a day-to-day basis, you’ll still benefit from outpatient therapy and an aftercare program. These programs keep you focused on your goals.
If you start thinking about using again or feel stress becoming uncontrollable, reach out to your therapist. Get back into treatment or at least come in for an appointment to discuss what’s happening. Your care team is here for the long term to help you.
You may benefit from help now if you are seeing the signs of relapse or struggling with stress such as:
- Feeling angry and overwhelmed frequently
- Thinking about using drugs or alcohol or just thinking about the substances in general
- Facing challenges with relationships
- Experiencing trouble with depression or anxiety
- Encountering obstacles in physical health
- Just feeling alone and unable to be happy
When you find yourself struggling like this, sober living becomes difficult. That’s why reaching out for help can make a big difference. Our team is available to help you determine what’s happening and find a solution to work through that challenge healthily.
Need More Help for Addiction Recovery?
Whether you are just starting on the path towards healing or engaging in recovery but need some support, Oceanfront Recovery can help you. We offer treatment at every stage of the process, from initial detox to aftercare treatment. When you invest wisely in these services, you gain the insight and support you need. Some of the programs we offer include:
- Drug and alcohol detox services
- Residential treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Executive rehab program
- Aftercare treatment program
Invest in Treatment at Oceanfront Recovery
Maintaining sobriety takes a lot of work and constant focus on your physical and mental health. Our team at Oceanfront Recovery is dedicated to helping you long-term. When you need support, call us at (877) 296-7477or connect online.