Repeated alcohol consumption can have serious consequences. When individuals regularly drink, they put themselves at risk of developing a dependency or addiction. Alcohol dependence occurs when the body and brain become reliant upon alcohol to function normally. Dependence is hard to beat on your own, but treatment, including alcohol detox, can help. It can be the turning point in overcoming addiction for good. Those struggling with alcohol abuse need support to overcome their addiction. That’s what Oceanfront Recovery can offer.
Who Needs Alcohol Detox?
Some people may be able to enter residential treatment or an outpatient program without detox. This includes people who have not used a long time or those with addiction without dependence. Yet, many people need a detox program to overcome their addiction. You may benefit from detox if you:
- Drink a lot of alcohol, drink daily, or engage in binge drinking
- Have relapsed previously
- Suffer significant withdrawal symptoms or cravings when not using
- Hide how much is consumed, drinking along, or drinking at work
- Engaging in reckless behavior such as unprotected sex or driving intoxicated
In these examples, dependence is present. That means it is nearly impossible to stop using alcohol without professional treatment and support.
Why Choose Alcohol Detox as a First Step?
There are numerous reasons to invest in detox as the first step in alcohol addiction treatment. Though your needs may vary, most people see these benefits when they use this service.
- Eliminate cravings. Cravings often control the outcome of addiction, leading to relapse. They are uncontrollable, often leading to doing anything to seek out alcohol.
- Stop the physical pain of alcohol withdrawal. Medications are available to ease withdrawal symptoms, making it possible for a person to break dependence without intense pain and discomfort.
- Get immediate support for mental health needs. Many people using alcohol and drugs control mental health disorders such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, or bipolar disorder.
- Count on immediate support in a comfortable space. When you enter detox, you live onsite during the process. You’re safe, supported, and getting support for all of your needs here.
- A detox program enables long-term success. For those with moderate to severe addiction, this becomes a crucial factor in maintaining sobriety.
Ultimately, the best chance for long-term recovery from addiction is to embrace as much and as comprehensive of care as possible. If you don’t have a drug-free place to live or you’re struggling with mental health disorders, don’t put yourself at risk. Invest in detox.
What You Can Expect from Alcohol Detox
Oceanfront Recovery offers a comprehensive program. It begins with the management of cravings and withdrawal to ensure your body can work through the detoxification process. From there, therapy begins. We offer a range of therapies to help a person understand why they are struggling with addiction. Therapy also provides tools to reduce the desire to use.
Therapy begins in detox. It continues through care. Most people will enter into addiction therapy such as the following programs after detox:
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Executive rehab center
- Aftercare programs
- Sober living homes
During this treatment period, the goal is to develop communication skills, minimize trigger outcomes, and explore healthy living habits. Some people benefit from life skill development. Most need support for medical needs as well as family therapy. All of these services are available once detox occurs.
Choose Treatment to Save Your Life – Call Oceanfront Recovery Today
It’s hard to decide to go to alcohol detox. You may know it’s the right thing to do, but you’re unsure if you can do it. Our team at Oceanfront Recovery works hard to make the entire process as easy as possible to manage. Learn more about our detox program when you call (877) 279-1777 or send a message to us online.