When you’re battling addiction, it’s easy to feel alone and lost at sea. Substance abuse disorders can cause periods of self-isolation, which only exacerbates the addiction issue at hand. The good news is that you don’t need to fight your addiction alone. Finding allies in supportive family members and friends can help, but the best way to get a partner in your corner may be to seek addiction treatment therapy. A professional can more easily help you navigate the road to sobriety and help you get afloat.
At Oceanfront Recovery, we understand that outside factors impact your addiction in very serious ways. It may not be possible to remove yourself completely from contact with a substance, but we can help you stay on the recovery path by working with you on your mental state. We offer several different styles of addiction therapy, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, or CBT, and dialectical behavior therapy, among others. To discover more about what we can do for you or your loved one, contact us today by filling out our secure online form or calling us at (877) 296-7477.
The Benefits of Addiction Counseling
Addiction counseling can positively impact someone with substance abuse disorder in a variety of different ways. Simply by choosing to pursue therapy for your addiction, you are taking the first step toward recovery. Even if it feels like you’ve tried everything to regain control of your life, addiction counseling can give you new tools to succeed:
- Unwavering support. Substance abuse disorder can isolate you, and addiction often causes you to pull away from your usual support systems. When you choose addiction counseling, you ensure that you’ll have someone in your corner no matter what.
- Pattern recognition. Addiction counseling equips you with a new set of eyes through which to examine your addiction as well as your behavior. Having that new perspective can be invaluable, as you may find you’ve overlooked an important factor in your substance abuse disorder.
- Preventing relapse. Having someone you can call when you feel the need to use can prevent relapses before they begin. For many, the simplicity of knowing that one’s counselor is only a phone call away can help prevent further substance abuse.
- New coping strategies. A professional can assist you in recognizing your triggers, which will help you develop efficient coping strategies as you work on your recovery.
- Moving forward. Working with an addiction counselor can help you rebuild relationships, maintain healthy habits, and more even beyond your physical recovery. When you choose to counsel, you’re choosing to make positive adjustments that will last a lifetime.
Seeking Therapy for Addiction
Making the choice to seek therapy for substance abuse disorder can feel daunting, but therapy is an extremely beneficial tool. When searching for therapists in your insurance network, it will help look for those specializing in addiction or substance abuse therapy. It’s important to find the right fit, so don’t give up if the first therapist you see isn’t one you connect with. It never hurts to weigh your options and make sure that you’re comfortable speaking to someone.
Learn More About Addiction Treatment Therapy with Oceanfront Recovery
Choosing Oceanfront Recovery for addiction counseling is one of the best decisions you can make for your healing journey. With our state-of-the-art facility, highly trained staff, and beautiful location, we offer many different routes, from addiction counseling to inpatient programs, to the same ultimate goal: your success. Therapy for addiction with us will give you the tools you need to build a life free of addiction. For more information, reach out today by calling us at (877) 296-7477 or visit us online,