When it comes to who you are in terms of family and career, substance addiction does not discriminate. Fathers and mothers are just as susceptible to abusing substances as their children. Professionals like lawyers, politicians, doctors, and celebrities may also find themselves in need of addiction treatment programs to help them manage their lives. For the latter, specific and professional rehab options may be preferable to typical recovery programs.
When seeking rehab for professionals, you might want additional accommodations for privacy or work-related reasons. If you are interested in learning more about executive and professional rehab options, reach out today to the Laguna Beach-based Oceanfront Recovery online or call us at (877) 279-1777.
Why Do Professionals Need Specific Addiction Treatment Programs?
As mentioned above, addiction can affect different kinds of people. Each year, millions of Americans battle a substance abuse disorder – and more than a third of them also suffer from a mental disorder or another co-occurring disorder. Additionally, professionals can be affected by substance use as much as unemployed or in school.
Professionals in high-stress positions – such as those in politics, entertainment, or the medical field – may have many responsibilities and endure several high-stress situations daily. These high-powered and very busy people are, in many cases, more likely to succumb to addiction.
When a professional becomes addicted, quitting without the help of a formal rehab program tailored to their needs can be difficult. Many professionals, for example, may not be able to leave their jobs for 30 days or more – the standard required length of many addiction treatment programs. Some may even feel like admitting they need to go on an extended leave for rehab could hurt their careers.
What Can You Expect From Professional Rehab Programs?
Compared to typical addiction treatments, professional rehab programs may offer a lot of specialized care for clients. You can expect some or all of the following considerations:
- Discretion and privacy: While many addiction treatment programs focus on discretion, rehab for professionals tend to be even more private. Professionals need to be assured that they’re healing in an exclusive, secure, and secluded location – fully immersed in their treatment and away from prying eyes.
- Access to the internet, phone lines, and work-related devices: Professionals may seek privacy while still needing a connection to the outside world. While having access to the best care possible, provided by an executive rehab center, they may also need to work online or by phone discreetly.
- Flexible therapy times and topics: Because professionals often need to keep up appearances, many professional rehab programs offer movable therapy times and flexible topics for discussion. These are meant to fit seamlessly into an executive’s lifestyle instead of burdening a professional with the stress of making room in their schedule.
- Intense and focused short-term treatment: Many programs already offer this, but it is even more important for rehab professionals. Executive clients may not have the time for long-term treatment options and may benefit from intensive but comprehensive healing programs.
Rehab for Professionals at Oceanfront Recovery
For busy and career-minded executives and professionals, Oceanfront Recovery’s executive rehab center provides a clear path to recovery from drug or alcohol addiction. Oceanfront Recovery understands the unique circumstances of professionals. We design specific addiction treatment programs that consider professionals’ needs. Here’s what you can expect from our executive rehab center:
- Customizable therapies that are effective, evidence-based, and experiential: These include cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), individual and group talk therapy, nutritional therapy, and even more holistic approaches like yoga and meditation.
- Adaptable living situations: The Nyes home at Oceanfront Recovery is an upscale six-bed co-ed house for executives and professionals. And while residential treatment is our typical first recommendation, we are also equipped to offer high-quality outpatient services if necessary.
- Secure, safe, therapeutic, and comfortable facilities: Oceanfront Recovery’s residential and outpatient centers are located in downtown Laguna Beach – two blocks from the Pacific Ocean – with easy access to Orange County and the surrounding areas. Clients can look out to the scenic view while also enjoying modern technology, stylish furnishings, and the individualized care of our compassionate and professional staff.
Learn More at Oceanfront Recovery
If you or someone close to you is battling addiction, professional rehab might be right for you. Contact Oceanfront Recovery, located in Laguna Beach, by reaching out to us online or calling us at (877) 279-1777 to learn more.