The 12-Step recovery program created by Alcoholics Anonymous is widely used, perhaps for its tried and true method of treating addiction. The 12-Step program is used in drug rehab facilities worldwide for its effectiveness in sustaining sobriety, especially for those who continue to work the program after leaving treatment. Each step showcases a level of plans and principles that help individuals overcome addiction and achieve lifelong sobriety. This peer-based program provides an anonymous, supportive, and safe space to share feelings and experiences associated with addiction.
Oceanfront Recovery’s comprehensive approach to therapy combined with a 12-Step program can have countless positive effects on a person’s life in recovery. Visit us online or call us today at (877) 279-1777 if you or someone you care about is prepared to begin healing from addiction with our alcohol rehab.
5 Benefits of 12-Step Programs
12-step programs have proven very effective in treating substance use disorders and mental health issues. This is because 12-step programs offer several benefits, such as:
- Connect with a Support Network: Through fellowship and sharing experiences, nearly everyone you meet at a 12-Step program will understand what you are going through as a recovering addict. Having a strong support network can help you get through difficult challenges in your recovery. Sharing hope and strength can form bonds that will surely last a lifetime.
- Learning New and Effective Strategies: One aspect of 12-Step programs has sponsorship. Sponsors usually have many years of active sobriety. The goal of a sponsor is to guide you through the challenges that may occur in early recovery. Additionally, a group setting where participants share their experiences like one in a 12-Step program can help you recognize areas of your life that may need growth or strengthening through listening to their unique experience with addiction.
- Anonymity: Having a sincere and open environment to share feelings and experiences is important to the recovery process. The general focus in 12-Step programs is openness, sincerity, and compassion without judgment.
- Help When You Need It: Benefits of having a sponsor or fellowship in a 12-step program like Alcoholics Anonymous are sharing strength and hope, accountability, motivation, relapse prevention, support when necessary, and help to work the steps.
- Meetings Are Around the World: Your ongoing commitment to sobriety can be maintained through meetings all around the world. 12-Step programs allow you to keep pushing towards an everlasting life of sobriety.
What to Expect from a 12-Step Program
Oceanfront Recovery uses a variety of therapeutic methods in a highly contemporary approach to alcohol and drug rehab. Regular attendance of 12-Step programs is used combined with one of our substance abuse treatment methods creating a maximum potential of success in recovery. We provide programs proven to be effective in treating drug and alcohol abuse; therefore, the 12-Step Program is a part of our comprehensive approach to treatment. Offering individualized care through our many treatment models helps us uphold our belief in incredible care for anyone who refuses to let addiction control their life. Take your life back today by calling us at (877) 279-1777 to get started.
Learn More About What Oceanfront Recovery Has to Offer
Oceanfront Recovery strives to make sure various effective treatment methodologies are available to all who may need them. Some other resources and programs we offer include:
- Residential Treatment Program
- Intensive Outpatient Rehab
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Center
- Aftercare Programs
- Sober Living Homes
- Addiction Treatment Therapy Program
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment
What may work for you may not work for someone else in recovery; therefore, having different treatment models and resources increases treatment effectiveness. Participating in a 12-Step program combined with one of our addiction treatment or therapy programs can open the door to a life of sobriety for you. Addiction does not have to control your life, and you can make recovery possible at Oceanfront Recovery. Our skilled counselors are here for you. Call us today at (877) 279-1777 to take your life back from addiction!