Holistic therapy options are increasingly popular these days and for a good reason. For instance, alternative therapies are clinically proven to aid sleep, help control pain, and much more. The following article will examine some of the benefits of holistic therapy and look at five popular options.
The principles of holistic therapy options are based on the view of the whole person. Holistic therapists believe in treating the individual as a whole, combined human being, rather than simply treating the body, for example, as an isolated entity. Nevertheless, the benefits of alternative therapy can include:
- Pain relief
- Improves sleep
- Reduction in stress
- Improves digestion
- Helps the memory
- Improves concentration
On the other hand, alternative therapy is also known as a complementary therapy or holistic therapy. Many doctors now accept and even recommend alternative therapies, and there are many clinical benefits to using them.
For instance, drug and alcohol addiction programs also incorporate holistic therapies due to their many benefits. Many patients believe that alternative therapies are crucial to their recovery, especially where the activity becomes a hobby, such as yoga or meditation. Holistic therapies tend to have cumulative effects, which means the more you do it.
Five Holistic Therapy Options
There are several types of holistic therapy, and it can be challenging to figure out which one is the right one for you or your loved one. Here is a little more detail about five of the most popular holistic therapies to help you make that decision.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture involves fine needles being inserted into the body at precise points, known as the acupoints. The majority of people don’t feel any pain or discomfort and find the process beneficial. Acupuncture can help with depression, anxiety, and many other conditions.
- Yoga: Popular worldwide, for a variety of reasons, yoga is a stretch-based exercise incorporating mindfulness and meditation. Yoga can help with most health problems, including chronic pain and mental health conditions.
- Reiki: Reiki is more commonly known as ‘energy healing.’ The therapist channels energy to the patient with their hands. In other words, the therapy aims to remove energy blocks that may be contributing to pain or depression.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy works through skin absorption and the sense of smell, and its main components are essential oils and natural plant extracts. The oils are usually used via diffusers or massage, but they can be used in clay masks or bath salts/
- Naturopathy: A form of natural medicine, naturopathy is a non-invasive process involving sunlight, water, and a healthy lifestyle. It promotes self-healing and taking care of the body. Naturopathy works to encourage the body’s natural healing mechanisms.
Nevertheless, there are many other forms of holistic therapy, and it can be useful to combine two or more types. Holistic therapies also work well in conjunction with traditional medicine, like prescribed drugs and counseling.
Holistic Therapy at Oceanfront Recovery Center
Just two blocks away from the serene waters of the Pacific ocean is Oceanfront Recovery Center. Our goal is to help you or a loved one recover from mental health conditions or substance abuse. Nevertheless, if you have a dual diagnosis, we’re happy to help with that too. We believe in treating patients with compassion and determination.
We offer a wide range of programs across both mental health and substance abuse. Some of the treatment programs we offer are:
- ADHD treatment program
- Alcohol addiction treatment program
- Heroin addiction treatment program
- Prescription drug addiction treatment program
- Anxiety treatment program
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
We accept most insurance policies, and our friendly intake team is available to discuss finance options with you. If you or a loved one need to talk to someone about holistic therapy options, call Oceanfront Recovery Center on 877.279.1777.