Seeking treatment for a substance use disorder is courageous. While it may seem daunting to enter a rehabilitation center, asking the right questions and assessing your options can ensure that you enter the right program. A little upfront research and interviewing the center before checking in will ensure that you’re in a safe, comfortable environment with a personalized program that suits your unique needs and desires.
At Oceanfront Recovery, we know that rehab is an investment in your future self, family, and community. We understand that it’s a life-changing decision to fight addiction, and our team is committed to helping you navigate the path to recovery with ease and peace of mind. If you or someone you love is looking for affordable, personalized addiction treatment, reach out to us at (877) 279-1777.
The Importance of Asking Questions Before Entering a Drug Rehab Program
Asking questions isn’t easy. Asking questions about potential rehab programs may be intimidating. When we’re feeling vulnerable and in need of help, and especially when we’re asking those questions of strangers, it can feel downright daunting. However, asking straightforward and sometimes tough questions up front, expecting thorough answers, and not settling for less will ensure you are set up for success when it comes to getting the help you need.
Entering a drug rehab program is a life-changing endeavor. You and your loved ones deserve to access the tools to help you make informed decisions and know what to expect from the experience.
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Drug Rehab Facility
Approaching each potential facility with a list of questions to ask and a place to jot down notes to compare their answers will make choosing the right program easier. Consider it a red flag if you’re rushed through your questions and staff are unwilling or unable to answer them. Conversely, pay attention to which rehab facilities make you feel welcome and comfortable by taking the time to listen, understand, and thoroughly answer your questions.
Some great questions to start with are:
- Is your rehab center licensed and accredited?
- What is your Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do you utilize evidence-based treatment techniques, and if so, what are your methods?
- How are your programs individualized to each client’s needs?
- What makes your rehab program different?
- What kind of detox support do you offer?
- How long is your residential treatment program?
- How long are your other treatment programs?
- Are you able to treat dual-diagnosis clients?
- What family support programs and resources are offered?
- What kind of aftercare, continuing care, and transitional support do you offer?
- What is the cost of your programming?
- What payment plans and assistance options are available?
- What insurances are accepted?
- What are the amenities, and are they included in the price?
- Can you cater to specialized dietary and cultural needs? If so, how?
- Do clients have roommates or private quarters?
Find the Answers You’re Looking for at Oceanfront Recovery
At Oceanfront Recovery, we are dedicated to helping you navigate the addiction treatment options with as much information as possible in order to make conscious care decisions. We understand that entering rehab is a significant milestone and one of the biggest life decisions a person can make. We’re here to help make that milestone meaningful and a positive experience.
We prioritize providing clients with evidence-based treatment in a comfortable, serene, and safe environment. Our facilities are designed to make you feel at home, our chefs are passionate about nourishing you back to optimal health with whole, delicious foods, and we’re just two blocks from the healing waters of the Pacific Ocean.
We look forward to answering your questions. To learn more about our offerings or to enter a treatment program at Oceanfront Recovery, contact us at (877) 279-1777.